You are an investor in the HDFC mutual fund, and you may have any queries regarding your portfolio. This article aims to assist you with resolving your question.
HDFC Mutual Fund History
HDFC Mutual Fund was established in 1999 as a joint venture between Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited (“HDFC”) and abrdn Investment Management Limited (erstwhile known as Standard Life Investments Limited).
In March 2003, HDFC Mutual Fund (MF) acquired Zurich India Mutual Fund, totaling Rs 3,332 crore in assets. At that time, HDFC MF managed 6,900 crore.
In December 2013, HDFC Mutual Fund (MF) acquired all eight schemes of Morgan Stanley Mutual Fund, totaling Rs 3,290 crore in assets.
How to Cancel HDFC SIP?
The option to cancel or stop SIP in various ways. Investors should be aware that SIP is a non-committal investment. No charge or fine can be assessed if an investor chooses to end the plan during the middle.
There are a variety of methods to end SIP on the internet.
- AMC Online Platform
- Offline, submit a Cancellation Form or letter to the AMC Office or CAMS Registrar Office.
- By contacting your Financial Advisor
For more details on HDFC SIP cancellation PDF download and online process, check this article.
HDFC Mutual Fund Redemption
You can redeem HDFC mutual fund units online or via an offline method. The redemption process can be completed anytime during the day using an easy method.
If you’re already registered, log in to the HDFC MF website.
- After logging in,
- Click “Transact Now.”
- Then select the Redemption option
- Select your folio number first
- then select a scheme
- Select Value section
- Click on one option. All unit or the Specify amount
- Confirm Transaction
After completing transaction, you will receive transaction confirmation email and SMS.
HDFC Mutual Fund Redemption Process : Download pdf
How do I change the nominee for HDFC Mutual Fund?
A Mutual Fund nomination refers to the appointment of a person to take responsibility for your investments in the fund following your passing away.
The nominee’s nomination will ensure that, after your death, your Mutual Fund holdings will be transferred to the nominee.
The preliminary information you must fill in on the form of nomination is:
- Name of the nominee
- Date of birth of the nominee (If minor)
- Nominee’s relationship with the investor
- Address of the nominee
- Percentage share of each nominee (if more than one nominee), and so on.
You can add up to 3 nominees in your HDFC mutual fund folio and specify the percentage share that each nominee will receive in the event of your death.
If you don’t specify the percentage of your share, the Mutual Fund units will be equally distributed to all nominees named on the nomination form.
Transmission of Units
Transfer of Units is a method by which units owned by the unitholder who died are handed over to the nominee or the legal descendants or legal heirs of the unitholder who died, as the situation requires.
- Transmission Request Form for Transmission of Units in favour of the Nominee(s).
- Death Certificate of the deceased unitholder(s) in original OR photocopy duly attested by a Notary Public or a Gazetted Officer.
- Copy of the Birth Certificate, in case the Nominee is a minor.
- PAN Card copy of the Nominee(s) / Guardian (if the Nominee is a minor)
- KYC Acknowledgment OR KYC Form of the Nominee(s) / Guardian (where Nominee is a Minor)
- The Cancelled cheque with the Nominee’s name pre-printed OR a Copy of the Nominee’s recent Bank Statement/Passbook (which cannot be more than 3 months old).
How to Change HDFC Mutual Fund’s Email Address and Mobile number
It is possible to change your mobile number & Email ID on HDFC mutual fund online and also offline.
Login to your folio account online and go to the “My Profile” section. The user is given the option of changing the mobile no & email ID.
Note: User will receive OTPs for both their email & mobile. You cannot update without OTP.