You are an investor in the UTI Mutual Fund, and there are you may have any queries regarding your portfolio. This article aims to assist you with resolving your question.
UTI Mutual Fund is one of the oldest mutual fund companies in India. It was established in 1963 as the Unit Trust of India (UTI) by the Indian government.
UTI was the first mutual fund company in India and it played a crucial role in the development of the Indian mutual fund industry. It was initially set up to provide an investment option for the Indian public, particularly for small investors.
In 2002, UTI was split into two entities: UTI Asset Management Company (AMC) and UTI Trustee Company Private Limited. UTI AMC is the investment manager for UTI Mutual Fund.
- Advertisement -
UTI Asset Management Company (AMC), which manages UTI Mutual Fund, does not have any individual or corporate promoters. Instead, it is sponsored by esteemed institutions such as Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), Punjab National Bank (PNB), State Bank of India (SBI) and Bank of Baroda (BOB).
Additionally, T Rowe Price Group holds a significant stake of 22.97% in UTI AMC via T Rowe Price International.
UTI AMC, which went public in October 2020, had a market value of Rs 9,811 crore(20 Jan 2023).
As of Dec. 31, 2023, UTI Asset Management Company (AMC) had total assets under management (AUM) of Rs 2.40 lakh crore.
UTI MF Scheme performance
UTI MF Service
You can redeem UTI mutual fund units online or offline method. The redemption process can be completed anytime during the day using an easy way.
If you’re already registered, log in to the UTI MF website.
- After logging in,
- Click Transact Now,
- then select Redemption option
- Select your folio number first
- then select scheme
- Select Value section
- click one option All unit or Specify amount
- Confirm Transaction
After completing transaction received email & sms for transaction confirmation.
2. SIP Cancellation
The option to cancel or stop SIP in various ways. Investors should be aware that SIP is a non-committal investment. No charges or fines can be assessed if an investor chooses to end the plan during the middle.
There are a variety of methods to end SIP on the internet.
- AMC Online Platform
- Offline submit Cancellation Form/letter to AMC Office or Registrar Office.
- By contacting your Financial Advisor
Mutual Fund nomination refers to the appointment of a person to take responsibility for your investments in the fund following your passing away.
The nominee’s nomination will ensure that, after your death, your Mutual Fund holdings will be transferred to the nominee.
The preliminary information you must fill in on the form of nomination are:
- Name of the nominee
- Date of birth of the nominee (If minor)
- Nominee’s relationship with the investor
- Address of the nominee
- Percentage share of each nominee (if there is more than 1 nominee), etc.
You can add up to 3 nominees in UTI Mutual Fund folio and specify the percentage share that each nominee will receive in the event of your death.
If you don’t specify the percentage of your share, the Mutual Fund units will be equally distributed to all nominees named on the nomination form.
4. Folio Statement
Investor can receive electronic Statement of Account to the registered email id – Type ESOA and send it to 5607090
Toll Free no – 1800 2661 1230
Email Id for service – email@example.com
5. Mobile & Email Update in Folio
It is possible to change your mobile number & Email ID on UTI Mutual Fund online and also offline.
Login to your folio account online & “My Profile” section. User is given the option of changing the mobile no & email id.
Note: User will receive OTPs for both their email & mobile. Without OTP you can’t update.
6. Bank Change Process
To change the bank account linked to a UTI Mutual Fund account, you can follow these steps:
- Download and fill out the ‘Bank Mandate Change Form’
- Submit the form along with a cancelled cheque or a copy of the bank account statement as proof of the new bank account. (Latest 2 month statement)
- Submit the documents at any UTI Mutual Fund office or KFin Tech Registrar office. (Some location KFin Tech not accepted your request. e.g. Pune)
- Once the documents are verified, the bank account linked to your UTI Mutual Fund account will be changed.
“Unit transfer is the process of transferring ownership of units from a deceased unitholder to their nominee, legal heirs, or legal descendants, as appropriate.”
- Transmission Request Form for Transmission of Units in favour of the Nominee(s).
- Death Certificate of the deceased unitholder(s) in original (Fund house return Original copy after verification.)
- Copy of Birth Certificate, in case the Nominee is a minor.
- Copy of PAN Card of the Nominee(s) / Guardian (in case the Nominee is a minor)
- KYC Acknowledgment OR KYC Form of the Nominee(s) / Guardian (where Nominee is a Minor)
- The Cancelled cheque with the Nominee’s name pre-printed OR Copy of the Nominee’s recent Bank Statement/Passbook (which cannot be more than 3 months old).
Recent updates –
“I went to UTI for a unit transfer process, they advised me to provide an original death certificate and upon verification, they will return the original certificate to me.”
How to update KYC details in Uti folio
To update your KYC (Know Your Customer) information in UTI Mutual Fund, you can follow these steps:
- Download the KYC update form from the UTI Mutual Fund website.
- Fill in the form with your updated information and attach the required documents. The required documents may include a valid ID and address proof.
- Submit the form and documents at any UTI Mutual Fund office.
- Once the documents are verified, your KYC information will be updated in the UTI Mutual Fund system
KYC update process is one time process if you update with one fund house then not require submit every Fund house. Every AMC fetch your kyc data from cvlkra.
How to connect with UTI AMC
- Toll Free No – 1800 266 2230
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- website – utimf.com
- Whatapp – 7208081230 (say “Hi” from register mobile no)